The Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival, a non-profit based in Burlington, VT, is currently seeking an Executive Director who will sustain LCCMF’s 13-year history of artistic excellence and community building.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include:
- Planning, promoting, and producing the annual summer festival and other events during the year as curated by the Co-Artistic Directors;
- Leading fundraising efforts by nurturing and growing relationships with donors, including individuals, foundations, corporations, and government arts agencies;
- Creating an annual budget of $350,000, and managing the finances of the organization, including its endowment;
- Managing LCCMF’s education projects in the community;
- Nurturing collaborations with other arts organizations;
- Understanding our audience and donors and addressing their needs;
- Collaborating with the Artistic Directors and Board to refine and refresh the mission, vision, and future plans of the organization;
- Operating the organization in a fiscally responsible manner;
- Managing and leading the day-to-day operations, Festival staff, and volunteers;
- Facilitating, supporting, and reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Documenting and sharing the history of the organization with the region, nation, and the world.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for chamber music, collaboration, and communication;
- A successful track record of fundraising for arts organizations, including fundraising efforts with individual donors and writing/management of grants;
- A working understanding of the greater Vermont community;
- Comfort with and knowledge of a wide range of communication strategies;
- Comfort with and knowledge of management computer tools.
Applicants must be located in Vermont or willing to relocate. This position is full-time and offers a competitive salary. We would consider a part-time arrangement for the appropriate candidate.
Ideally, the designee would begin to take over responsibilities during August 2022.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: ED Search, Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival, 20 Winooski Falls Way, Suite, 7, Winooski, VT 05404.
We will begin to review applications starting at the beginning of June 2022.
More about the Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival
Our Mission/Our Vision
The mission of the Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival is to inspire and nurture a passion for chamber music throughout the community. The Festival seeks to foster excellence in the performance and composition of chamber music, both contemporary and classical; to celebrate its role in our culture; and to create a diverse community of audience members and musicians who are passionate about the performance of chamber music.
With a focus on providing opportunities for enrichment to people of all ages and levels of musical experience, the Festival presents world-class performers in concert, engages a range of audiences, and provides meaningful experiences for aspiring young musicians, composers, and educators.
LCCMF is committed to supporting the arts environment in the greater Burlington area. It welcomes partnerships and collaborations with other area organizations and seeks to contribute to the health and growth of chamber music on a local and national level.
May 16, 2022