Central to the Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival’s vision is the creation and performance of new works. Since its inception, the Festival has commissioned:
- TJ Cole, Red Blue Black, 2019, clarinet and string quartet
- Alistair Coleman, Moonshot, 2019, mini-concerto for violin and string chamber orchestra.
- Nick DiBerardino, Jasper Beach, 2018, for flute, violin, cello, piano.
- David Serkin Ludwig, Paganiniana: Concerto for violin and chamber ensemble, 2018.
- Emily Cooley, Settle, 2016, for violin, viola, cello, and piano
- Loren Loiacono, Sonatensatz, 2015, for flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, cello and piano.
- Phillip Golub, Fireflies, 2014, for clarinet, violin, cello, and piano
- David Serkin Ludwig, Virtuosity, 2013, for string chamber orchestra
- Alyssa Weinberg, Contemplations, 2013, for clarinet, violin, and piano
- David Serkin Ludwig, Our Long War, 2012, for soprano, violin, and piano
- Gabriella Smith, Brandenberg Interstices, 2012, for flute, violin, harpsichord, violin, viola, cello, and bass
- Tim Woos, String Quartet, 2010
- David Serkin Ludwig, Flower in the Desert, 2009, clarinet, viola, and piano
David Ludwig’s 2013 work, Virtuosity, was commissioned and funded by over 90 donors through our Indiegogo campaign. We thank them all for their vision and support and for helping to bring this work to life!
Virtuosity received its world premiere on Sunday, August 18 at the 2013 Festival opening concert. ECCO toured with the piece, performing it 12 times during their 2013-14 national tour. Special thanks to the East Coast Chamber Orchestra and to Hank Mou for helping to coordinate the campaign.